I have only been to California once in my life, and that was to visit my grandmother. I love it there! It's so nice, and sunny. It's also breezy, and the way people dress is so "californian". I don't want to create any stereotypes here, just want to describe something I can't explain very well with words. Hehe. :) So, this set is dedicated to California.

Bye bye NY, Hello CA!
If you have little brothers or older sons the shorts may not be the best things to wear around them. Opt for a pair of jeans or pants the same color. If you have a private pool or jacuzzi, that's where the bikini comes in...otherwise it's just for fun. :P This s style is very comfortable, and it's perfect for a work out on the treadmill...or whatever. As for a quick, cute hair do...how about the messy loopy pony tail?


How cute is that? I tried this, but my hair was cut short so it didn't come out very well. And I also did it while my hair was still wet. I ended up with no-heat curls on my tail though! May Allah bless and guide us all! - Nisa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

uhmm...you think a girl who has older sons or brothers cannot wear a tank top and shorts AT HOME???? What kind of sicko would be sexually attracted to his own sister/mother????!!!!!!!!! wow!

Sunni Hijabi said...

First of all, yes I do. It's not about being sexually attractive, it's about self-respect & modesty. What kind of sicko makes her self look sexually attractive in front of her brother/son? What kind of sister goes around flashing cleavage and thighs to her brother? Vice versa, yes; a sicko is attracted to his own mother/sister. Do we really want to find out? I never said a woman COULD NOT wear it, I said they shouldn't. It's friendly advice, not a fard statement.

Anonymous said...

Sorry if I went off on you. It's just that I can't imagine anything going wrong with my brother (who is two years younger than me) and he honestly couldn't care less what I wear at home. I'm 15. He's 13. I don't wear my hijab in front of my cousins because, well, they're my cousins! but I do dress modestly in front of them (think hijab apparel minus the actual scarf) but my brother? I just don't think wearing something a little more revealing in the privacy of my own home would mean I respect myself less. He's my brother.

Sunni Hijabi said...

He may be your brother, but he is an adolescent male. I'm almost seventeen. I have a fourteen year old brother, and he gets utterly disgusted when I accidentally reveal myself in front of him. Even if I wear shorts above my knee. It's not that he's sexually attracted to me, it's just that it's not appropriate for him to see my body. My body is my own business. Yeah, he's my brother. My blood brother, but I respect him enough to keep the boobage at bay. It is probably best to wear things a bit more revealing in the privacy of your own room. As for the cousins, it's alright to uncover in front of your cousins if they haven't reached puberty. Otherwise, wearing the hijab in front of them is fard. I'm not being haram police, just telling you how it is. I honestly don't bite my tongue when it comes to correcting a Muslim. I read your blog, and I see that you are a new Hijabi, so you are taking light steps. However, you should listen to friendly advice, especially if it is coming from a Muslim who means you no harm.

Anonymous said...

thank you Sunni Hijabi (: I wanna apologize sincerely for sounding like a cranky b!tch. I see what you mean about keeping the boobage at bay (: it's just different w/me because your brother gets grossed out. Mine doesn't unless I literally walk around in only my bra/undies, which no girl in her right mind does (i agree with you on that :D) so yeah, sorry for sounding so rude. Wallahi I didn't mean to sound b!tchy.

Post a Comment