Yesterday I had a very, very long day. It was so long, I stopped paying attention to the time. First, after Zuhr prayer, we went to a barbecue's with two family friends (I mean, two other non-related families). The park was overrun by six (including me) hijabi teenagers, and a bunch of little kids. Haha, it was so much fun! The only part I didn't like was when I was trying to get the soccer ball from my friends little brother, I tumbled head over heels on the grass. Then, I sat up and saw some other non-Muslim family staring at me like I was crazy. I simply burst out laughing. Thank goodness for my lovely sense of humor.

So, after my friends and I ate the typical barbecue (hot dogs, cheese burgers, BBQ chicken, salad, potato chips, a big cake for those who passed the school year, and some soda's) meal, attacked the playground (parents were giving us dirty looks), and almost killing the ducks (I fed them bread, and my friend A [you know who you are A!] told me at the last moment that the police came one time while they were feeding them, and said that they could make them sick!) we went to go make Asr, and then to the soccer field. The girls and women thought that they were going to play soccer, but the men ended up hogging the field and game. So, my friends and I (including another friend who came out...which makes 7 teenage hijabi's) wandered off to eat more potato chips. Until, dun, dun, dun...one friend had a major idea.

Friend (point to deserted net): "Eeyyy...I know what. Let's go play shoot out."

Me (stuffing down chips): "Uh? Whassat?"

Friend 2: ">:|"

Friend: Come on! Pleaase!!

Me: What?

Friend (all the while tugging at my arm): "Let's go play shoot out. Get the ball, come on!"

Me (sighing): "Ya allah..."

Finally all of my friends agree, and we go down to the soccer net to play a ghetto game of shoot out. It get's boring after awhile so we decide to play a twisted version of soccer with one net (ah, reminds me of elementary). Goodness, after all these years of not playing soccer, I didn't realize how lazy my playing has gotten. It took a bit a warm up to get back into the jig of it. Then, I pwned everyone with my amazing soccer skills...until A kicked me in my shin and gave me a bruise that still hurts. Ouch.

Insha allah the next time us girls will play soccer. We have good goalies, and good offenses...we should be able to have our own game too! There were too many men to be playing a semi-contact sport, so we're going to have our own game insha allah! Guess what? I'm still tired from all that running around I did! May Allah bless and guide us all ~Nisa

3 comments:

Skye said...

yay for hijabi sport players
i think its great
just cause we were hijab
dosnt mean we cant enjoy sport

Sunni Hijabi said...

Asalaam wa alaykum Nailz,

Yeah I know! I love playing sports! Underneath this hijab, I'm fire! I'm fast! I'm furious! I'm...uh..a normal girl. :D Hehe. Alhamdulilah for women in sports doing their thing.

Skye said...

hehehe yay sunni hijabi do it for all the sport fantatic hijabi's hehehe

Post a Comment